‘The Company’ and ‘Seller’ means Tile & Stone Online Ltd.
‘Buyer’ and ‘Customer’ means the person who accepts a quotation from the Seller, for the sale of the Goods or agrees to buy Goods from the Seller.
‘Goods’ means the tiles, or any other products, which the Buyer agrees to purchase from the Seller.
‘Stock Items’ are products that are classified on our website as standard items and are in stock.
‘Non Stock Items’ or ‘Special Products’ are products that are classified on our website as non-standard items or those that are Out of Stock.
‘Order’ and ‘Contract’ means the Order or Contract for the sale and purchase of the Goods between the Buyer and the Seller.
‘Price’ means the price of the Goods, excluding where applicable: carriage, packaging, insurance and VAT.
‘In Writing’ means a communication by postal letter, email, facsimile or any other comparable means of communication.
The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only, and shall not affect their interpretation.
General/Online Trade Accounts
- The Company have produced this website to service our Mainland United Kingdom Customers. If you are located overseas, then please contact our Customer Services Team on +44 (0)1539 741155 for further information.
- The Company may update and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notification.
- The Company reserves the sole right to establish the suitability, and control the issuing, of Online Trade applications; which will only be made available by the Company to Individual Companies and Tradespeople who meet and can satisfy the online application process.
- The Company reserve the sole right to determine, and agree upon, any discounts that become applicable to an Online Trade account. All payments must be taken directly through the website at the point of ordering, and under no circumstances will an Online Trade account Customer be given preferential Credit facilities.
- The Company provide sample tiles available in 100mm x 100mm sizes, at a set price of £2 per sample, and therefore a limit is put in place relating to the number of these sample tiles a Customer may order of a single style, type or colour.
- Relating to this limit, a Customer may only order 1 sample tile of any particular style, type or colour; but may freely order as many different styles, types and colours as they choose. Please note that the minimum order value is still in effect, and for further information please refer to the website.
- If sheets of mosaic tiles are requested for a sample, they will be supplied in sheets of a quarter of the size of regular mosaic tiles.
- Catalogues, price lists, websites and other advertising material shall not form any part of any contract between the Buyer and the Company.
- Any information or description of the Goods appearing in the Sellers’ catalogues, brochures or any other publications is believed to be correct and up to date; but is not warranted by the Seller, insofar as any such publication has been compiled from information supplied to the Seller, either by the manufacturer or supplier of the goods. Therefore, the Seller accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any such information or descriptions.
- Unless stated explicitly In Writing, all prices quoted are inclusive of VAT, and all quotations provided are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Whilst we try out utmost to ensure that all prices are accurate on our website, errors inevitably occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible in order to give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling the order. If we are unable to contact you then we will treat the order as cancelled, and if the Company take the action to cancel an order for standard stock items that you have already paid for, you will be subject to a full refund.
- Prices are subject to alteration without prior notification and shall not be binding to the Seller.
- Each Contract between the Seller and the Buyer will consist of the Order, the Terms and Conditions and other such specific terms as the two parties shall agree In Writing.
- The Company accepts most major Credit and Debit Card payments via the website. Appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit Agencies (such as Sage Pay, Google Pay etc) then Credit check and provide final payment authorisation. The Company cannot take any responsibility for the non-authorisation of online payments howsoever caused, or for any subsequent delay in delivery, when additional Credit checking processes are involved and further authorisation is queried.
- The required Credit Checking routines state that the Debit or Credit Card used is registered to the Buyer. In the event of the credit authorisation failing, the Company reserve the sole right to employ additional Credit checking measures in order to confirm the authenticity of the Buyer. The Company cannot accept any liability for delays or costs incurred by the Buyer due to a delay in the Credit authorisation process.
- In the event of a declined Payment, or if Payments are queried by the appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit checking agency, the Company reserve the sole right to employ additional Credit checking measures in order to confirm the authenticity of the Buyer. The Company cannot accept any liability for any delays or costs incurred by the Buyer as a result of a delay in the Credit authorisation process.
- In the event that the express Terms of a Contract are in conflict with any Conditions, the Conditions shall prevail.
- Due to the fact that the number of tiles per square yard and per square metre is nominal, the Buyer will be responsible for ensuring the order of sufficient quantities of tiles.
- Only 1 E-Voucher or Voucher code can be user per Customer transaction. The Company will not accept multiple codes at the point of transaction, or during telephone ordering; and if Customers are in receipt of multiple E-Voucher or Discount codes then the Customer must redeem the code of greatest benefit. No alteration or addition of codes will be entered into once the transaction has been completed. E-Voucher codes will not provide any discounts off “Pallet Deals” or “Job Lots”, and any delivery Voucher codes will only be valid against standard (two day) delivery charges.
- Acceptance of your Order and the completion of the Contract between the Company and the Buyer will take place upon the dispatch of the ordered products to the Buyer, unless the Company have notified you that the Order will not be accepted, or that it has been cancelled.
- The Company accepts Orders and provides promises for delivery on a conditional basis, dependent upon our being able to secure the necessary materials and/or goods, and without any responsibility for delays arising through risks and uncertainties of manufacture, strikes, accidents or any other causes that are beyond our direct control.
- Payment for Goods shall, in itself, constitute an acceptance of, and agreement to, these general Terms and Conditions.
- The Company reserves the right not to supply to the Buyer at the Company’s sole discretion.
Product Quality / Warranty
- The supply of Goods does not constitute an acceptance that they are suitable for any specific installation. The Company can only be held responsible for any failure against products supplied, to the extent that the manufacturer of such products is prepared to guarantee the same. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing.
- The Seller accepts no liability due to variations in size, shape, manufacturing tolerance, shading or pattern that are inherent in the manufacture of tiles. In addition, all Natural Stone Goods are supplied subject to natural colour and shade variations.
- It is the responsibility of the tiler or tradesperson, when tiling a significant area, to use Goods from a variety of separate boxes in order to minimise the effect of batch, colour, shading and quality variances.
- Any fault, and any quality or shading issue with the tiles, will remain the responsibility of the manufacturer. The Company accepts no responsibility for subsequent or further loss or expense due to the tiles being faulty or not to the acceptance of the Buyer. Such issues will be passed back to the manufacturers, whereby any claims will become solely the manufacturers’ liability. Any disclaimers or notes printed on boxes or packaging will become the responsibility of the Buyer to read and accept, prior to use or fixing.
- In the event of a claim by the Buyer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods, or their failure to adhere to stated specifications, the Seller requires the Buyer to provide notification In Writing within 24 hours of delivery, whether or not the delivery is refused by the Buyer. If delivery is refused and the Buyer fails to notify the Seller according to these Terms and Conditions, the Seller shall have no liability for any such defect or failure, and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price of the Goods as if they had been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
- Where any valid claim with respect to any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods, or their failure to meet specifications, is notified to the Company, the Company will, in accordance with these Conditions, will be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part under query) free of charge; or at the Company’s sole discretion, refund the Buyer with the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price). However, the Company will have no further liability to the Buyer.
- Under no circumstances can the Company accept any financial demands from the Buyer due to late delivery, incorrect supply of goods, or incorrect delivery. The Company respectfully recommends that the Buyer does not book a tiler or tradesman until after the Goods have been delivered, signed for and quality checked. The risk, in relation to the Goods, passes to the Buyer at the point of physical delivery and at the time of delivery.
- The Company shall not be liable to the Buyer, or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract, by reason of any delay in delivering, or if any failure to deliver, due to causes beyond the Company’s reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded, although not exclusively, as causes beyond the Company’s control: Act of God, Explosion, Flood, Tempest, Adverse Weather Conditions, Fire or Accident, Traffic Delays, Roadworks, War or Threat of War, Sabotage, Civil Unrest, Import / Export Regulations and Embargoes, Fuel Availability, Strikes, Industrial Action, Raw Material Availability, Power Failure, or disruptions and breakdowns of vehicles or machinery.
- The Company offer a wide range of both standard and special delivery services, in conjunction with our own transport and 3rd party contractors. A Kerbside Delivery Service* is offered to Customers, but due to Health and Safety and insurance reasons, and we cannot commit that drivers will enter a Customer’s property. Whilst every effort will be made to deliver Goods in line with the desired, requested or committed service; the Company do not accept responsibility for any delay, cost or consequential cost incurred for a failed or late delivery. Also, please note that our general delivery services and those of our delivery partners may involve deliveries being completed between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
*Kerbside Delivery Service – whilst every effort is made to ensure the delivery of your Goods to the nearest available delivery point, hazards or obstructions (such as steps, lifts, uneven/gravel paths etc) may necessitate the delivery being made to an alternative location nearest to the delivery vehicle.
- The Company reserve the right to utilise a variety of transportation services in order to deliver your Goods. Although every effort will be made to deliver to the desired and requested point of delivery, where this is not practical or possible the delivery will be made to an alternative location which has been appointed and notified to the Company by the Customer in advance, or to the nearest available location adjacent to the point of delivery.
- When it comes to general deliveries, the vehicle is likely to be comparatively the size of a Fire Engine or slightly larger. It is therefore the Buyer’s responsibility to notify the Company of any extenuating circumstances that may affect the capability of this vehicle to deliver the Goods. This can include parking restrictions, “Red Routes”, height or width limits, narrow roads, roadworks, gravel paths, uneven driveways, building sites, high rise apartments (with or without lifts) etc. Failure to communicate this information to the Company before delivery may result in additional costs for the resupply of Goods being incurred by the Buyer, and may also adversely increase the redelivery lead time.
- If, due to prior notification from the Buyer, a smaller or specialist vehicle is required to complete the delivery, the Company reserve the right to charge the Buyer for the additional costs involved.
- It is expected that the Buyer, or the Buyer’s representative, will be available to sign for the Goods at the point of delivery. If Goods are received without a signature then the responsibility for the checking of the Goods is that of the Buyer.
- Before the Goods are fixed, the Buyer should ensure that they are completely satisfied with the Goods as per the original order. All items should be thoroughly unpacked and inspected as soon as possible, and any queries or questions should be directed to our Customer Service Team on 01539 741155.
- If any damage or shortage is noted, then the Company must be notified by email, facsimile or In Writing within a maximum of 24 hours of delivery. Failure to communicate problems may result in additional costs for resupply being incurred and may also increase the redelivery lead time.
Damaged good / Short deliveries
- The Company must be notified in writing, within 24 hours from delivery relating to any claims by the Buyer relating to any shortage or damage to goods in transit. Failure to communicate problems may result in additional costs for re-supply being incurred and may also increase the re-delivery lead time.
- No claim for damaged goods or short deliveries will be processed unless received in writing by the Company within 24 hrs of receipt of goods. Customer’s signatures on delivery notes accompanied by remarks such as “unchecked” or “unexamined” or similar will not be binding by the Company. Goods must be signed for “damaged” if goods arrive damaged or packaging tampered with.
- Should the Buyer cancel an order after dispatch, but before physical delivery, they will be expect to accept delivery of the Goods and take full responsibility for ensuring the return of the Goods to the Company. A full refund will be issued for the Goods, as well as the original delivery charge, only once the Goods have been received and inspected by the Buyer to ensure that they are in a resalable condition. The Company will not accept, under any circumstances, the costs for delivering or repackaging of the Goods.
- The Buyer can, within 7 working days of receipt, cancel their order. Any cancellations to be made can be done wither In Writing, by email to email@example.com, to our Customer Services Team, on 01539 741155. The Customer is not required to provide a reason, however a brief explanation can help us to improve our customer service in the future. If the Customer decides to cancel an order, a full refund for the Goods in question, as well as the original delivery charge, will be issued; and if the order is cancelled the Goods must be returned to the Company, with the costs incurred for the return of Goods being the responsibility of the Buyer. If the Customer wishes to return the Goods to the Company themselves, this is acceptable but the Company will not reimburse any costs incurred due to the return of the Goods.
- In the event that the Customer cannot, or will not, return the Goods to the Company; the Company will arrange collection of the Goods. The Buyer will then receive a full refund of the Goods and original delivery cost, less the cost of the collection. In order to find out the likely cost for collection, and to avoid any misunderstanding, please contact our Customer Service Team on 01539 741155
- The Buyer must ensure that the Goods arrive in a resalable condition, and therefore it is required that the Buyer ensures the packaging is suitable for the safe return of the product. Any costs incurred due to the need for additional packaging will be the responsibility of the Buyer.
- Goods should be returned by the Buyer using conventional haulage, and should not be returned using Express or Special Transportation services unless specifically agreed with the Company In Writing, prior to the Goods being returned.
- In the event of the original packaging being opened or deemed by the Buyer to require improvement, to allow the safe return of the Goods, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to complete the repackaging of the Goods at their own cost. The Company will not accept any costs for the repacking of the Goods, under any circumstances.
- Refunds for cancellations are to be processed only once the Goods have arrived with the Company and have undergone a full inspection to ensure that they are in a resalable condition. The Company reserve the right to amend the amount refunded based on the value of the resalable Goods.
- 48. All refunds are processed as a matter of urgency; however, dependent on circumstances, the administration may take 3 to 5 working days to complete. The maximum time period taken to refund a Buyer will not exceed 30 days from the receipt of Goods, but please note that any monies pad back to credit or debit cards may take a further 3 to 5 days to show on Customers’ statements. It may be possible to improve on these timings by contacting your bank or card account company directly.
- If, after 7 working days from delivery, the Buyer wishes to cancel the order, this action will be considered a ‘Return’ and is covered by our Returns Policy that is detailed below.
- With regards to Stock Items, the Buyer may return complete boxes of tiles to the Company within 1 calendar month of delivery, provided that the Goods are in good condition and are able to be resold. Please note that adhesive, grout and tools are non-refundable. If the Buyer returns the Goods in good condition, a full refund (excluding the original delivery charge and the appropriate restocking charge of 25%) will be issued.
- With regards to Stock Items, if the Buyer and the Company agree to a collection and resupply of alternative Goods then a restocking fee of 25% will be deducted from the refund relating to the original Goods.
- With regards to Non Stock Items, the Company will not accept return of unwanted Goods under any circumstances. A specially ordered item is bound by the general Terms and Conditions with regards to damages, however with respect to Returns the Company will not issue any refunds.
- In all circumstances, the responsibility for the return of the Goods is that of the Buyer. The Company will not, under any circumstances, accept any cost incurred for the return, or repackaging, of returned Goods.
- The Buyer is required to return Goods utilising conventional haulage and should not use express or special transportation services unless specifically agreed with the Company, In Writing, prior to the Goods being returned.
- In the event that the original packaging has been opened, or is deemed by the Buyer to require improvement, to allow the safe return of the Goods, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to complete a repackaging exercise at their own cost. The Company will not accept any costs for the repacking of Goods, under any circumstances.
- Should the Buyer be unable, or refuse, to arrange the return of the Goods, the Company will arrange the collection and deduct the collection costs from the refunded amount. To avoid any misunderstanding, please contact our Customer Service Team for more information regarding the likely costs of collection. Alternatively, if the Buyer is able to return the Goods themselves in a resalable, a full refund (excluding the original delivery charge) will be issued. Please note that any costs associated with the return of the Goods will not be reimbursed.
- All refunds are processed as a matter of priority, however, dependent on circumstances; the administration of a refund may take 3 to 5 working days to complete. However, the maximum time period to refund any monies will not exceed 30 days from the receipt of Goods. Additionally, please not that any refunds issued to credit and debit cards may take a further 3 to 5 days to show on Customers’ statements. It may be possible to improve on these timings by contacting your bank or card account company.
- Returns and cancellations made due to the misidentification of branded products (Original Style, Porcelansosa, Marlborough, Villeroy & Boch) by a customer, will be subject to a restocking charge and/or carriage back to the warehouse. For more information, please confirm return conditions prior to ordering.
This website is operated by the Company, namely, Tile & Stone Online Ltd. Our registered office is Tile & Stone Online, 9-10 Chancel Place, Kendal Cumbria LA9 6NZ. Registered in England and Wales, No. 7685465.
Any material downloaded, or otherwise obtained through the use of this website, is done so at your discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system, or loss of data as a result of the download of any such material.
This site, including the content and information provided within, is governed by the laws of England.